So what is good about these diaries?
- When you buy these diaries you are directly supporting the disabled artisans making these products with love. So when you buy these diaries, you are doing your bit for the society. (we have given a revenue split in the images)
- These diaries are made using completely natural products making them biodegradable (unlike the many diaries available in the market that have plastic in them).
- Each diary is unique with a unique print on them made with love by a disabled artisan.
- The diary can be used for work, for college, for artwork, for journaling, for making to-do lists, for writing in. The beauty of the diaries are bound to spark your creativity while using them.
- The sheets of the dairies are made from – 1. Eucalyptus 2. Elephant Poo (yes you read that right) 3. Tea leaves (details on how they are made is in the description)
- The diary converts waste to value in a unique and meaningful way.
- The diary is completely hand made from scratch. From collection leaves, to converting them to pulp to making the paper, to imprinting the paper – everything is hand done. The carbon footprint of these diaries are very low.
- These diaries are unique and will stand out every time you use them.
- The diaries are naturally scented with an earthy scent coming from the sheets. (The eucalyptus pages have a beautiful minty smell.)
- The pages are naturally designer with specs of leaves, soil, fiber imbedded in them.
Start your year on a sustainable note with these beautiful, handmade diaries. Standout from the crowd with these beautiful, one of a kind handmade diary. Each diary is hand made from scratch and yet are as close to perfect as possible.
No. of Pages: 50 sheets (100 pages)
Page types: Eucalyptus Leaves, Elephant Dung, Tea Fiber
How is paper made from elephant dung?
As elephants are herbivores, the waste they produce is essentially raw cellulose. Once the dung has been collected it’s boiled with margosa leaves, a natural disinfectant. After this sterilisation it’s mixed with recycled paper to produce a smoother surface. There’s around 75% dung and 25% recycled paper in all the products they create for us, making it a 100% natural material. The paper is odourless & has some blades of grass and straw for texture touch and feel!
How is paper made from tea leaves?
Tea paper is made of tea waste obtained from incorrectly harvested tea leaves from the tea plantations. Tea factories produce a large amount of waste. Using these waste tea leaves to make paper is a great way to reuse a waste. Tea leaves waste pulp is mixed with cotton and recycled paper pulps at various ratios to create this paper.
How is paper made from eucalyptus leaves?
Eucalyptus belongs to the hardwood, is a kind of wood pulp, however, due to its low lignin content and it is easy to be diffluent, structural tests have shown that it is easy to cook and bleach. Eucalyptus pulp can be widely used in high-grade writing paper, copy paper, white paperboard, security paper, cigarette paper, toilet paper, napkin and other paper manufacture.
- The pattern on the diaries may vary as they are all hand printed in a unique way.
- This product is handcrafted and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process
- Colours may vary slightly from photographs.
- We recycle/ reuse the packaging that we receive and use them forward in our packaging.
When you buy from us – you are enabling a small, local, woman-led business that is supporting local artisans and manufacturers. We hope you’ll join us on our journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
After confirmation of the order from our customer support team, products are couriered within three business working days. Please see our Shipping, Cancellations & Returns Policy for more information.
ROHIT SHAH –