Multi-purpose Cleaner Ingredients
Citrus Bio-Enzyme (Contains no phthalates, phosphates, sulphates or parabens.)
Quantity – 200ml (re-used plastic or glass bottle)
What is a Bio-Enzyme Natural Cleaner?
Bio-enzyme cleaners are organic solutions produced by fermentation of fruits, vegetables, sugar, and water. Bio-enzymatic cleaners use non-pathogenic, “good” bacteria to digest wastes, soils, stains and malodors. The bacteria do this by producing enzymes specifically designed to break down certain molecules (wastes/soils) into smaller pieces. These smaller pieces become “food” for the bacteria. The bacteria consume these soils and break them down into two basic compounds: carbon dioxide and water. The bacteria grow in number and continue to consume the soils until their food supply diminishes (the soil is gone), then the bacteria population levels off or decreases, and can be washed away during the next cleaning or continue to work against new soils.
It is important to know that the enzymes in these cleaners are not living things and cannot grow or reproduce on their own, like the bacterial micro-organisms do. They are more like tools that are created by the bacteria to help break down large molecules
How can these multi-purpose cleaners be used?
Bio-enzymatic cleaners are great in various applications.
- Cleans and disinfects floors and surfaces in the house. (use instead of chemical cleaners)
- Purifies air and removes bad odours (1 part bio-enzyme to 3 parts water, store in open containers to deodorize)
- Very effective in removing limescale on taps and other steel appliances (can be used directly)
- Cleans and freshens clothing and footwear (clothes can be soaked in a diluted solution to remove stains and kept clothing fresh. For effective cleaning use with soapnuts.)
- It’s a natural pesticide and herbicide (spray diluted solution on plants)
- Used to keep cockroaches and mosquitoes away( 15ml in 500ml of water to be sprayed)
- Excellent fertilizer for plants and enriches the soil naturally (30 ml in 2 liters)
- Breaks down grease and grime effectively from utensils (for effective cleaning use with soapnuts)
- De-clogs drains very effectively (pour directly into the drain)
This bio-enzyme is made at home using a mix of fruit peels – lemons, papaya, mango, and pineapple. Every batch will be different but can be used for cleaning purposes.
When you buy from us – you are enabling a small, local, woman-led business that is supporting local artisans and manufacturers. We hope you’ll join us on our journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
After confirmation of order from our customer support team, products are couriered within three business working days. Please see our Shipping, Cancellations & Returns Policy for more information.
Please note that we recycle/ reuse the packaging that we receive and use them forward in our packaging.