Crewel work is a special kind of hand-embroidery technique traditionally done in Kashmir. It is made using a hook or “aari” and woolen yarn in single or multicolor shades. The use of woolen yarns on “dusooth” cotton cloth (manufactured in looms locally in Kashmir) sets this work apart. Crewel embroidery was, in the past, used to create elaborate and expensive bed hangings and curtains. Now it is most often used to decorate cushions, handbags, curtains, and other home accessories.
What Am I Made Of?
Base: Handloomed Dusooth
Dimensions: 10 x 10 inches (Length x Breadth)
Strap: 22 inches (The strap is detachable)
Flap length: 8.25 inches
Every bag has a main zip with no inner compartments. There is one small compartment outside the main zipper and below the flap of the bag.
Why This Envelope Bag?
- One of a kind
- Can be used in multiple ways
- Beautiful, intricate handwork
- Stylish and boho chic
- Extremely photogenic
- Light and easy to carry
- Supports local artisans and handicrafts
- Slow fashion
Here are some ideas on how to reuse this bag to keep it in circulation after you are done using it –
- Reuse to store knick-knacks at home
- Use it as a travel pouch by detaching the strap
- Give it to a friend
- Donate it to someone in need
- Send it back to us to upcycle
- This product has been crafted by hand and may have slight irregularities or imperfections in color or embellishment. These irregularities are the result of human involvement in the process and add to the finished product’s charm while ensuring you have a one-of-a-kind piece.
- Colours may vary slightly
When you buy from us – you are enabling a small, local, woman led business that is supporting local artisans and manufacturers. We hope you’ll join us on our journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
After confirmation of order from our customer support team, products are couriered within three business working days. Please see our Shipping, Cancellations & Returns Policy for more information.
Please note that we recycle/ reuse the packaging that we receive and use them forward in our packaging.
There are no reviews yet.