Coconut oil is a staple in all households across India. From frying our favourite banana chips in to that morning champi from mum to using it on dry skin during harsh winters – the oil is extremely versatile. This virgin coconut oil is 100% pure with no additives, chemicals and no nasties.
The coconuts used in this oil are sourced from farms of South India.
How is Virgin Coconut Oil Made –
Virgin coconut oil is extracted from the fresh milk of coconut using cold process which maintains all the natural constituents, aroma, and antioxidants of the oil and gives it a richer flavour.
How is Cold Pressed Coconut Oil Made –
The process is done by removing the flesh from mature coconuts — which have a higher oil content — which is then ground up into coconut flakes. At a low temperature, the oil is then extracted using a press. When oils are heated, it changes the structure on a molecular level. The nutrients in cold pressed oils remain intact, the molecular structure is not compromised and thus, have become a go-to product for the health-conscious many. This oil has a great, nutty flavour.
Benefits of coconut oil –
- Contains healthy fatty acids that prove that boost of energy
- Several populations around the world have thrived for generations eating a substantial amount of coconut, and studies show they have good heart health. So, it may boost heart health.
- The oil is rich in lauric acid which leads to the production of monolaurin which can kill harmful pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Studies show that coconut oil can improve the moisture content of dry skin and reduce the symptoms of eczema
- It can help against hair damage and acts as a moisturizer for hair
Ingredients of this coconut oil –
How to use this oil –
- As a cooking oil for your food
- As an emollient for skin
- As a nourishing oil for hair or as a hair mask
- As a post shower serum for dry hair
- As a make up remover for double cleansing
- As a lip scrub with brown sugar
- As a bath oil
- To heal dry cuticles
Storage: Coconut oil has a longer shelf life than many of its counterparts due to its higher saturated fat content. It should be stored in a cool, dark place.
We at Moksha have tied up with Native Circle to bring to you a line of natural skincare products with no added preservatives. This first launch includes soaps, shampoo, creams – so, definitely check out our other products as well.
When you buy from us – you are enabling a small, local, woman led business that is supporting local artisans and manufacturers. We hope you’ll join us on our journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
After confirmation of order from our customer support team, products are couriered within three business working days. Please see our Shipping, Cancellations & Returns Policy for more information.
Please note that we recycle/ reuse the packaging that we receive and use them forward in our packaging.
There are no reviews yet.