Choose to be sustainable this Diwali!
Every year after Diwali, lakhs of diyas are discarded across India. While using pre-filled clay diyas serve a short term goal during the days leading upto Diwali, they aren’t the most sustainable because –
- Most people discard diyas after the wax filled in them is used up leading to a lot of wastage (1.87 lakh diyas were discarded in Ayodhya after Diwali in 2017)
- Most diyas are filled with paraffin wax which in turn emit black soot and toxic fumes (adding to pollution)
- A lot of times the entire wax in the pre-filled diyas isn’t used and those diyas are still discarded leading to wastage of diya and wax
This Diwali, opt for these beautiful reusable, hand made, blue pottery diyas for your home and as gifts. They can be filled with oil as per your requirement. After use, clean them and reuse multiples times. These diyas can be used a decoration pieces when not in use or to keep trinkets in. These diyas come with cotton wicks to ease multiple uses. The diyas come in two colours – yellow and blue! These diyas have been hand crafted by local artisans in Jaipur.
- Buy our coconut oil to use with the diyas. It is said that using coconut oil in puja lamps/diyas pleases Lord Ganesha and ushers domestic happiness.
- Handle with care since these diyas are fragile
- After use, clean the diyas with a wet cloth and soap to reuse
Please note –
- This product is hand crafted and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process.
- These are available in limited stock only
- Festival items are not returnable
When you buy from us – you are enabling a small, local, woman led business that is supporting local artisans and manufacturers. We hope you’ll join us on our journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
After confirmation of order from our customer support team, products are couriered within three business working days. Please see our Shipping, Cancellations & Returns Policy for more information.
Please note that we recycle/ reuse the packaging that we receive and use them forward in our packaging.